Stan! on Sale — Writing
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, due to most of my planned work for November and December having been mothballed (details can be found here), I’ve decided to have try to make up at least some of the income shortfall by having a sale on my work. Yesterday I announced special pricing on my drawing services. Today I do the same for my writing services.
HERE’S THE DEAL
Below I’m going to spell out what my normal prices are for different types of writing assignments, and what my sale prices are. The catch is that in order to get the sale price, you have to pay up front.
Since I’m hoping to book a fair amount of work this way, you have to understand that it may not be possible for me to do the work immediately . . . at the very least, I’ll have to set up a queue, PLUS I do have a few other commitments (already scheduled full-price freelance work which will have to take priority). So if you have a specific deadline that must be met, let me know ahead of time, and I’ll let you know whether or not I can commit to meeting it. I DO plan to work through the assignments as quickly as I can because, if nothing else, I’m starting to book NEW work to do in 2015.
Also, the amount of time it will take me to do any RPG related work will vary depending on how familiar I am with the game system in question. So, really, it’s a good idea to send me a query note BEFORE figuring this as a done deal. That having been said, I play and am comfortable designing for many different game systems . . . so chances are good that we can work something out.
I know that money up front is asking a lot in the trust department. And I fully accept that such a deal is not everyone’s cup of tea, so if you prefer you can book using the regular method—setting up a firm schedule for completion of your project, and paying upon completion (or split partial payments, depending on the size of the assignment) . . . but that would have to be done at the full-price rates.
But if getting a bargain price is the most important thing for you, then here’s what I’ve got to offer.
* Guest Blog (~1,000 words)—(reg. $150)—SALE PRICE $75
* Short Subject (~3,000 words)—(reg. $400)—SALE PRICE $200
* Feature Article (~5,000 words)—(reg. $600)—SALE PRICE $300
RPG ADVENTURE DESIGN
* Single Encounter (~2,000 words)—(reg. $500)—SALE PRICE $300
* Side Trek (~5,000 words)—(reg. $800)—SALE PRICE $400
* Short Adventure (~10,000 words)—(reg. $1,250)—SALE PRICE $800
* NPC Creation (including full-figure color illustration)—(reg. $200)—SALE PRICE $100
* Micro-Fiction (up to 2,000 words)—(reg. $200)—SALE PRICE $100
* Short Story (up to 10,000 words)—(reg. $1,000)—SALE PRICE $700
* Novelette (up to 25,000 words)—(reg. $3,000)—SALE PRICE $2,000
* Longer Fiction—varies by assignment details
As with so much in business, there is generally room for negotiation, so don’t be afraid to come to me with a proposal. And please post a comment or contact me (through email, Facebook, or Twitter) if you have any questions.
Also, feel free to spread this info around … indeed, PLEASE DO! The more people know about this sale, the more likely it is to generate work.